01 August 2008

Camp, Last Day

As expected, the dance wasn't the greatest, but the kids are resilient and made do. I was really wanting to kiss a boy (not a boy boy, but a man boy – you know, someone not jailbait), but the only real option was Ryan and he's too close to jailbait to make it fun so I just had to pretend.

We did invent a cool game while we were cleaning up. The dance is held in this rec hall with a dusty cement floor that gets slippery. We had a Nerf-like football that we started hitting with a broomhandle, which turned into broomstick base/foot ball and a lot of fun. I got some good pictures, I think. I need to download them and really look because some were a little blurry.

Usually we have a tradition that a group goes out for drinks after the dance. The JC's get their time out, the campers get their dance, so the bar is for the adults. Well, this year we were banned from going out which pissed us off, but Nikki and I were so tired anyway that we decided to just skip it. I wanted to pack up a bit and get some sleep since we had to drive back today.

We had some issues. The helicopter was going to come at 9:15. Mike pissed me off by telling Casey and me (who were putting things together for the graduation ceremony) that we had to be outside for pictures when the helicopter came. Uh, duh, asshole. I know my job but I also know that they are never on time. In fact, they were 45 minutes late. But me, being me, went out at 9:15 and took a picture where it was supposed to land and was going to turn that in as the picture itself. I did show it to Edna this afternoon and explained my joke. She thinks I'm hilarious which is nice.

Anyway, it finally showed up and a rock flew into my eye which sucked. Mike decided we were going to take team photos and I piped up and said, no. He got mad but I said, “Well, how long are they going to be here?” 45 minutes. “Yeah, then no. We won't have time.”

I also said no to the big group photo but I was forced on that one so it was rushed and frustrating and I'm not sure it turned out the best, but I'll check it out later.

Then it was graduation time. Jasper and I ran our butts off getting pictures and we had no recognition. In fact, neither did Nikki or Dale (who also ran his butt off for the camp). That hurt, but whatever. I burned discs for Jasper again, cleaned our cabin, packed up the car, packed up Casey, said goodbye to everyone and we left.

The drive home was longer than Sunday, I will say. We did still talk the whole way, and she doesn't seem to hate me for anything that went on this week, so that's good. I dropped her off with her husband and befriended her little boy who is super cute and then went into work. Boss1 has a presentation tomorrow AM so I wanted to get that completed for him. But now, I'm tired and am going to go to bed.

No comments: