28 August 2008

Truly I am a roller coaster

So this morning I woke up, checked the weather channel and was told it was 97% humidity. I'm not stupid so I don't run. Well, then I check our local weather station and they said it was only 76%. shoot. By this time I needed to either be halfway through my run or getting ready for work.

I chose the latter and ate a full breakfast today instead. It was good. Eggs and toast. MMMMM.

This actually turned out to be a good thing since I decided to give blood today. The bloodmobile was at work and folks usually try to give if they are around (another way we give back to the nation or something like that).

Well, honestly, I was a little nervous. I haven't given blood in 12 years because the last time I did I was only in it for the cookies and juice and ended up so nauseated and light headed I almost threw up...twice.

But today went okay. Brian distracted me with stupid stories when I wasn't looking out the window. I squeezed every few moments and tried not to think about the needle in my arm, which I could feel every time I squeezed, and focused on the cookie awaiting me since those are SO not on my diet right now. And I made it through.

But I didn't run today because the nurse told me I shouldn't unless I had someone to run with me to make sure I didn't keel over. Dammit. No one runs with me these days so I decided to take the day off. Probably okay so I don't over do it right away getting back into my workout routine. But still...my time is getting short.

I took the rest of the day off though and went to see my Goddaughter Nika and her family. Her folks took her to see her grandparents this week, who live about 90 minutes from me, so this worked out really well (especially since I love all of them...it's a blast to see them). E&K and I took Nika to the pool while Grandma and Grandpa went to pick up some things for supper. When we got back, E and I prepared some of the food while K did the guacamole (mmmm) and Grandma made the salads. Grandpa took care of Nika - a very very important job.

I love eating when E is around. We always eat really well and it's always delicious. We had pork chops (which if anyone knows me, know these are not my favorites, but when E makes them...delicious), a green salad, steamed broccoli with cheese, a zucchini thing I'll be making again, the fruit salad, and then potatoes and cheesy bread which K&I didn't have because we just don't eat that stuff. Oh and the guacamole. Yummmmy. Can I say that again? YUUUUUUUMMMMMMYYYYY!

I ate way more than I should but considering it's all damn healthy I don't even care. It was so delicious. I could have eaten a ton more of the zucchini but by the time I got to seconds I just couldn't.

Nika and I had some nice bonding time which was much needed for both of us. I got to feed her a couple bottles, we talked a bunch (seriously) and we cuddled as we do. I do wish I lived closer to my urban family but I just have to deal with the fact I don't and make sure I visit as often as it works out. Thanks, Nika, K&E, C&J for a great night. I loved every minute.

On another fun note, I received my World Run Day t-shirt today. Interested? Sign up today! It's a great program!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love conflicting weather reports...but maybe you just needed an excuse to forego the run ;)