12 August 2008

Once again

Disclaimer, again: To my "fans", I did write this last night, well within the rules of Blog365, but posting today because I had no internet again.

I am so tired today, and I really don't know why. I didn't hit the Bell last night, instead just came back, burnt some popcorn and curled up on my bed watching Olympic beach volleyball. Deaner called wondering where I was, and he and Skip were up north in a little town. After talking to him today I'm really glad I didn't go with them last night. They didn't get in until after midnight taking the long way back. Sheesh. Maybe if I had gone with them we would have gotten back sooner since I'm at least map aware.

I was going to get up today and go run. I actually did wake up in time to do it but realized that if I'm going out with Di, Dean and Skip tonight I'm going to need my rest. Plus I just needed rest. I have been so wore down the past two weeks, getting over the cold I get every time I go on a work trip (lack of sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise).

The project is coming along great. I really couldn't be more thrilled. JDL is awesome and we've made some excellent strides today. I'm a little apprehensive about timing for tomorrrow because I didn't get to work as late as I wanted tonight since Deaner called at 4:15 wondering where I was ("We're at the club, come soon!") and Di called at 5:15 (which I really thought was only 4:30) and wondering what the plan was.

We all met at the club and didn't leave there until 6:30 for supper. This was a nice plan on Di's and my part because we didn't want to go on another mini road trip with the boys tonight. So luckily we just went to a local place for dinner, talked til about 8 or so and then parted ways. It was a great time - way too much laughter and I didn't have to drink a drop. YAY! I love times out like that.

So because of that I didn't get to Dunn Bros tonight to get on the Internet, so here I am writing. Michael Phelps is going to make history tonight, so I want to stay up and watch that (edit: he did too - relay team beat the WR again - under 7 min - and another gold for Michael). I did get all my stuff packed up, which is good. This will go on top as soon as I finish typing this and I'll actually have less bags going home than I did going out. Weird how that works. I'm really glad I went back and got the rolling bag. That was my one smart move this week.

Well...off to bed. A long day awaits.

No comments: