18 August 2008

A meme

From bethany actually

Ten Things I Wish I Could Say to Ten Different People Right Now:
1.I'm sorry I pushed you away without a real explanation why I did and now it seems too late to explain. I'm also sorry I didn't call or write when your Dad died, but I wasn't sure how to.
2.I never mailed the check.
3.It's good things didn't work out with us, though I still miss you. I just want you to be happy.
4.What we did was cruel and stupid and I have felt guilty and horrible about it ever since. I’m so very sorry. If I had known then what I know now, I never would have. It wasn't meant to be as mean as it turned out to be...but I learned then that jokes often backfire.
5.To the others in respect to #4, I'm sorry I lied about it.
6.Sometimes you drive me crazy and I just don't want to see you, so I come up with lame excuses instead of telling you the truth because I don't want to hurt you.
7.I hate when you lecture me like I'm a child but you don't do anything to help yourself.
8.I still feel guilty I wasn't with you that day when it ended. You shouldn't have been alone then; I should have been there holding your hand.
9.I really would love to meet you someday.
10. You have inspired me every day.

Nine Things About Myself:
1.I’m very lazy when it comes to housework, but prefer when my house is in order.
2.I’m not lazy at all when it comes to cooking elaborate dishes or baking...anything.
3.I like painting my toenails but colored polish on my fingernails bugs me – not that I have fingernails to paint. But even if I did, I wouldn't because I think it looks weird.
4.I like jewelry but I rarely wear it. In fact, I wear my ring and the same earrings (when I wear them). It's odd if I have anything else on, though I own some cool pieces.
5.I’m a total introvert with extroverted tendencies. If you were just meeting me you’d probably never guess the introvert part.
6.I long to be organized but I hate doing the organizing.
7.My friends think I have this elaborate knowledge of how to find things (just call me Red). But fact is I learned where to find things from hours surfing the Internet while sitting at the ID.
8.I wish I knew as much as people think I do, especially in relation to the degrees I've earned.
9.I love my hair color (it's au naturale), especially in the summer when I've been outdoors.

Eight Ways To Win My Heart:

1.Write to me—postcards, letters, emails, notes on a dry-erase board, whatever.
2.Laugh with me and make me laugh.
3.Don’t take things personally.
4.Be persistent. If I turn down an invitation it’s probably because I am a homebody and don’t want to leave the house that day. Please keep inviting me.
5.Don’t take much notice of what’s cool and uncool. Just like what you like because it appeals to you, whether or not anyone else agrees.
6.Disagree with me. I love a good discussion.
7.Be kind to others, regardless of their age or language or job…especially when they aren’t in the room to defend themselves.
8.Tip.

Seven Things That Cross My Mind a Lot:
1.I really miss them.
2.I so need to run today!
3.I don't want to run.
4.Thank you, God.
5.Ooh, that sounds yummy. I wonder if I have all the ingredients?
6.I could do that, but…I don’t feel like leaving the house.
7.Where the heck did I leave my keys?

Six Things I Do Before I Fall Asleep:
1.Check my alarms (yes, plural).
2.Go through my list for the next day.
3.Make sure the doors are locked.
4.Pajamas.
5.Brush my teeth, pop out my contacts.
6.Check my alarms. (yes, again)

Five People Who Mean a Lot:
1.Family – I'm going to lump everyone here because I have Mom, and 3 amazing siblings, all married with kids (8 total)
2.K&E, Nika – again, lumped together because they are my urban family
3.Debbie, JB, Thom, Evans, Mark, Jeff and others – Urban family part deux – from the cities
4.JWG
5.OOF-FW – again a lump group because they are very important to me

Four Things You’re Wearing Right Now:
1. Tee-shirt
2. Shorts
3.the usual underthings
4.the ring I bought in Turkey

Three Songs That You Listen to Often (Currently): (I'm changing this to CD's)
1. Ella Fitzgerald sings the Harold Arlen songbook especially “Hooray for Love”
2. Maia Hirasawa, “though, i'm just me”
3. Altar Boyz soundtrack

Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
1.Visit Italy, Australia, Hawaii
2.Sing with a jazz combo, on stage and do it well

One Confession:
1.I don't like to confess things on line. I really have a tough time with this. I have things that ride me with guilt, and confessing them here is not going to help me...or you.

4 comments:

~moe~ said...

Yes, Bethany, I stole some of your answers, but they were right in line with mine. Seriously...we're way too alike.

bethany actually said...

Wow, you weren't kidding that we had a lot of answers in common! I am glad I could save you the work of typing. ;-)

I totally could also have written the ones about being organized, knowing where to find things, tipping, and needing multiple alarms to wake up on time. Freaky!

Anonymous said...

I know I drive you crazy sometimes and it's okay to say it to me.

~moe~ said...

Dear Anonymous - that one wasn't to you.