21 August 2008

one of those days

One of the bloggers I read wrote today about frustrations and asked what is frustrating us.

This has been one of "those" weeks. I've been struggling this week. It's nice to have my office back as my own. What I haven't been pleased with is some actions by others that really don't matter in the course of history, but they are little things that just have rubbed me the wrong way.

I really try to stay positive in my life - because negativity...what good does that do? But days like yesterday and then again today just irk the hell out of me.

Today I had a simple problem to correct, my company credit card was charged twice for a product but I needed to close out the account today. To do so I had to call in some advice. So I did, and the person on the other end told me what to do to fix the problem and I thought all was well.

THEN, he says, "So when did this double charge occur?" Well, July 31. *big sigh on his end* "You need to be checking these accounts every day, at the very least every week, because this could have been prevented if you had called this in at the beginning of the month instead of waiting until the close-out date." um, yeah, I realize that (I'm not an idiot) but I was on a work trip that week, the next week was a living hell, and I was on a work trip last week. This is the first week I've had a chance to even look at this. Not to mention this is an additional duty that I'm helping cover while someone else is away, so I'm lucky I've gotten this far. "But you need to be checking it all the time so these problems don't happen."

This is when I snapped, but did my best to keep an even tone as I said, "Yes, I understand that, but it's hard to check an online account when I don't have computer access. I'm going to do what you suggested and it will all work out. We have next month to catch the credit and all will be well. Thank you for your time."

And I hung up and muttered, "Asshole."

So that last part was probably harsh, but I was so pissed. When it's close-out day, this is not the day to be lecturing me on what I should have done three weeks ago. Wait with that until next week. And if it's such an issue, you have access to my account - you check it! That's your job anyway. This is an additional duty that I'm only covering for someone else. I have no clue what I'm doing and it's probably all jacked up anyway.

That was right before lunch and thankfully Jenna wanted to go out to eat. I needed to get out of the building before I screamed. But poor Jenna had to deal with my rant all the way to Little Ceasar's. But lunch was great and Jenna even treated - or tried to but had forgotten her wallet at work. :) THAT was hilarious. But alas.

The rest of the afternoon is kind of a blur of nothing. I was still reeling from the conversation and I hadn't been feeling well all day anyway - and the pizza, while delicious, didn't help much. I should have just come home, but I stuck it out.

Tomorrow will be a better day, right? RIGHT! Tomorrow I get to work and then get ready for an awesome weekend trip to see some great theatre, awesome friends and get a massage that is desperately needed. I can't wait. That, if anything, will help to ease my frustrations.

No comments: