31 August 2008

Killing trees

Sadly, there is evidence of many killed trees in my apartment this weekend. But the good news is many of them will be recycled.

I've been purging again. :) I love this feeling: getting rid of the excess crap that I just don't need anymore, all the extra magazines I don't read, the extra files and paperwork that are outdated, filing the stuff I do need. I ended up taking out two 13-gallon bags of shredding out, 3 boxes of recycling, and several flattened boxes.

This all tells me a few things:

1) I get way too many magazines and junk mail to have that much recycling of paper products.
2) I need to shred more often so I don't have these papers lying around my apartment. That can't be a good thing.
3) I order way too many things online (too many boxes!). And despite the fact that I love getting mail, I really need to stop this.

But it's been a very cleansing last couple days. And to celebrate, I just finished watching Tango & Cash, one of the cheesiest action movies ever, but I do so love it.

"FUBAR, big time."

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE weeding out also! And the feeling of putting things in their place, or finding a place for things. I never feel motivated to do it, but once I get it done it's the best feeling!
Congrats on finding the motivation! Hope you have an awesome week!

Anonymous said...

Have fun de-cluttering. I'm still in that process. We're moving back the Virginia in a few months and I would really rather not take EVERYTHING that I don't really need or want or is the wrong voltage!

KJ said...

Good for you. I remember what a huge project you had on your hands last year - sounds like you're keeping up with it!