21 August 2008

Shout, shout, let it all out...

There are certain words or phrases in life that one must shout:

* "YEAH!" upon scoring a goal, point, run, touchdown, etc.
* "Hooyah!" for whatever military group wants to claim that one.
* "Curse word" there are multiple options so I'll let you insert your favorite.
* "Ouch!" I do this at least once a day because I'm a total clutz.

Some of my favorites to shout have stories behind them:

* "Yoooo, Mika!" because it's just too fun to yell that during the Lollipop song. And Mika's awesome.
* "Yoooo, Nika!" because I have to switch it up with the nouns.
* "Chicken!" which I often yelled with K when I'd eat lunch during one of my various eating plans. I think the "chicken" actually stemmed back when I was on one of Jay's versions where I was eating tuna for breakfast (which on occasion, if I was awake enough, I'd yell out "tuna" too!)
* "*sigh* Schlenker." Yeah, 'nuf said.

And of course, the most important one:
"MIKEY!"

This one is essential for tonight, because my awesome friend Mikey called me to catch up. His timing is impeccable, as always, and so our conversation together was confessional, uplifting, therapeutic, laughable and fabulous. Mikey and I will always have this kind of amazing friendship where we can go for 7-12 months at a time, pick up the phone and be right where we left off. I love it.

So thank you, Mikey, not that you read the blog since you're of the "other sort" which K wants me to join, I really needed to talk to you tonight and I feel so much better than I have all day. I will sleep in peace once again. :)

No comments: