14 August 2008

Never leave work

I was going to title that as "never go on vacation" but I haven't been on vacation. I've been on a work trip. But ugh. Coming back sucks.

It probably didn't help that everything is on a time crunch this month because the end of the fiscal year is coming up so we have to finalize so much in such a little time. I still hold fast to my belief that the way I broke up camp this year was essential but coming back today and having meeting after meeting after meeting just sucked.

I ended up staying until 7 and that was only because I got a phone call at 6:50 or I'd probably still be there. I was on a roll getting things caught up but when I realized it was so late I thought I better go home and get some food in me. Eggs and toast, baby...the dinner of champions.

I'm so tired but I need to sort through papers and find my package slip for my stuff from Dave and an insurance slip for my dentist. The last 4 weeks have been crazy and I've barely read my mail. It's a good thing I pay my bills online or I'd be in big trouble.

I'm watching Pride and Prejudice tonight (the original). I love this book. I want to read it again. I think I just might pull that out tonight to help me wind down so I can sleep. I love Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. I want my own Mr. Darcy. Someday maybe.

No comments: