05 August 2008

This is bad...

I'm scratching again.

See, last week at camp, I was brilliant and put on sunscreen Tuesday AM before we headed out for some fun in the sun...or at least something in the sun. I first forgot to reapply around noon or even 9am (since I burn in a snap), but what I really screwed up on was not putting any on my head in my hair line.

I have fine hair, but it's fairly thick. Unfortunately, I had a part that day so I burned bad. It didn't really bother me until Thursday so I started putting my Bare Escentuals SPF stuff on my head to protect it but it was too late.

Then in a continuance of my brilliance, yesterday we went to the pool and NRB got there after us, so I had no one to put sunscreen on my back. I got my arms and my legs a little (though I missed a few essential spots). By the time NRB got there, my back was fried and so I just went with it and didn't even bother reapplying.

I noticed when we got back that my hair line is starting to peel. Mom said I looked like I had cradle cap. Thanks, Mom.

Today, it just looks like I have a bad case of dandruff. But here's the really bad part. I'm itchy on my arms and legs.

Normally this wouldn't be bad, but I've had cases of eczema in the past where my skin has really broken out bad and it took months (seriously) to clear up where I could be normal again.

So I need to moisturize bad. The bad thing is my back is starting to itch and I was able to avoid eczema on my back the last time, and I'm hoping this is just the burn this time. I still need to moisturize, but I'm not quite sure how to do it this time.

3 comments:

KJ said...

Oh man. I took the kids swimming a few days ago and we were all out in the sun for 4-5 hours. I reapplied sunscreen a few times to everybody, BUT we all got bad sunburns anyway. Later I realized that the "organic" stuff isn't very waterproof - AND it expired in March. Who knew sunscreen expires?

Aveeno oatmeal bath always works great for me - it takes the itch out pretty quickly. Might help to soak in that. Its pretty moisturizing too.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of aloe gel for treating sunburns. It always seems to help.

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

Moisturizing ones back, when you live alone.
Get a bath oil, put extra in the bath water. Soak for a while. I actually have found that this is one of the only ways to keep my skin hydrated in the winter.