19 August 2008

Just another day...

I ran today. It was not good. My shin tightened up with a pain I don't ever remember having, so I emailed Keith to see if he can help me this weekend when I'm back in his neck of the woods.

I was having a rough day today. I got some things done, but not others. At least I have my office back. That's a nice thing. Truly nothing against the guy working with me now (he's a part-timer though so I won't see him for awhile now), but I really like having my office back.

This afternoon I gave a comp-time form to my boss to sign off on. I really hesitated on this because I just didn't quite feel right about it. I hemmed and hawed for several hours before handing it to him. I got "the talk" that if I'm working late on things for work Or working on weekends that I need to put in requests for comp time for that, because "if you don't take care of you, no one else is going to." Of course I feel like I do, because I tend to come in a little late and I take longer lunches to go run or eat with my mentors. So in my head it's all a wash. Usually when it's over 2 hours or (really 3) then I'll put in for the comp time, and even then I struggle with it.

But as I handed it to him, my boss is so sweet to ease my struggles and guilt, he said, "I told you to come in this weekend." I said, "No, I told YOU that I was coming in." And then I smiled, he smiled and I said, "Is that the same thing?" He nodded and signed his name. Maybe I really do run the company. :) hahaha

I also think I pissed my mother off today with an email. So we'll see what comes of that. It's a long story and one I don't really want to get into but let's just say that I went out for a run to ease my stress and because I was thinking about issues with her I came back more stressed than I was. Not good. But I sent the email and we'll see if she does anything with it.

No comments: