11 August 2008

Just like I expected, yet not

My partner in crime on this project I'm working on is awesome. This was a project in three parts - 1) take the pictures during camp; 2) make a DVD of the pictures set to music and 3) put together a yearbook.

Well, #1 was a no-brainer and JDL and I accomplished this easily.

#2 apparently was a no-brainer as well since JDL finished this last Tuesday. YAY! It's a lot shorter than last year's version but it's still great and will allow more room on the DVD that we send out to attach picture files which the kids have been asking for the last two camps.

#3 is going so much better than I thought it would.

Basically for #3 I'm using the same template as last year's. This is helping because then all we really have to do is plug in the new pictures and new events. JDL and I spent the morning going page by page figuring out what will be on each, then started at the beginning and started adding pictures and doing some layout. We finished 8 pages and have several more started. This is so great. We only have 28 to do total, so having 8 done already and a few more set up to go is so great.

JDL is so awesome. Working with her is so easy. Everything has been a compromise and collaborative project. It's great.

Yet, we're busy. We started at 7 and I didn't get lunch until 12:44. I totally didn't bring anything to snack on so that was a little rough, but I made it. Then I went back at 1:15 and worked until 5. Then it was time for a little nap and then to figure out what the hell I was going to do for dinner.

The bad thing about me traveling alone is that I don't like to eat out alone. It's not that I can't, I just don't like to do it. I usually just go through fast food, which is so good for me (not) and head back to the room. Tonight I just wasn't in the mood to eat, so I'm at Dunn Bros using their internet and drinking a chai. mmmm Chai.

The fun thing was that K just called so I could talk to Nika. SO FUN! I really needed a Nika fix at that moment. When she talked to me it was like a weight lifting off my shoulders, however temporary. I can't wait to see her again.

So I'm going to probably hit the Bell on the way back and then go through some more pictures tonight. We have a few holes we need to fill and we have to use a few pictures that we maybe don't like just so we can make sure we get enough exposure of the teams. It'll work though it won't be as great as it could be, but really only JDL and I will know.

Hopefully I'll get to go out to dinner tomorrow with Di so I'll be able to eat without feeling like too much of a loser. Either I need to travel more or I need to just figure out how to eat in a restaurant without feeling pathetic. Someday I'll figure me out.

Till then... have a great night. I'm off to figure me out a bit more and then go to bed.

No comments: