29 August 2008

Weird day

I started the morning with a 2 mile run - not my best, but certainly not my worst. It was 50 degrees when I started running. Can I just say - COLD! Well, not that it was really cold, because I have known cold and this really wasn't cold. But chilly, nonetheless.

I kind of wish I had worn pants because my legs were tight and couldn't quite warm up. I'm thinking I should have had a steam before I went out, but that seems like a waste. Maybe I just need a sauna.

The rest of the day was just odd. I didn't really do much work, it felt like. It was Jenna's last day and I was very sad. It's not that I won't see her again, but it does suck that she won't be around full-time anymore. She really was my sanity and humor check during the day this past summer. Now I'll be getting the mail on my own, venting to no one but Albert my plant (and he doesn't need to grow anymore), and just alone in my merriment.

So Scotty, TD and I took her out to lunch - well actually Scotty ended up buying which wasn't the deal, but it was very sweet of him. Lunch was great; Long, but great. Then we came back and went to a local bike shop to pick up bikes for our two sections so we can get around work easier. This was a blast. My office took the red one and she took the black one for her section. Suh-weet.

This was exciting for me as the first real bike I've purchased since I was 12. Sheesh - that was a whole person who could drink lifetime ago. I was very tempted to look for a bike for myself since I've been wanting to ride to work all summer. But I just can't afford a good one.

Of course there's also the thought that I just can't afford not to with gas prices as they are. I have a plan - I'd run errands on Monday's only and could drop off my uniform and work out clothes at work then so all I'd have to do is dress to ride to and from work. It's only 3 miles, I can totally do this. But I want a decent bike that isn't going to be a pain or a lot of work, and those are spendy.

I'm thinking I could buy it this fall when bikes are cheaper and then store it until spring when I could ride it again (freakin' snow), but that seems stupid too. I could really use some time to build up my savings for the bike and then it wouldn't be such a shock to my budget. But to buy something now that I can't use for another 9 months sucks. Hmm...a dilemma.

Anyway, the rest of the afternoon (which wasn't much left after these trips) I spent cleaning up my desk and checking over a few things. I kind of...no not kind of, I do...feel guilty about not getting as much done as I should have. Of course most of the workplace took today off since we also have Monday and Tuesday off next week. I don't know. I have a lot of studying to do this weekend so I will be "working" to a point because I have to get these courses done (freakin' CBTs) so I can be kosher in my job.

I don't know. Maybe I'll run in this weekend and do some filing. I mean, what else am I going to do this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a really nice bike from the PX about a year ago! It does pretty well, except that it has trouble getting into easiest gears...can't quite figure out why!

Have fun riding!