08 August 2008

Roller Coaster

The old grandma in Parenthood was totally right when she said that life is a roller coaster. Today was truly one of those days.

Another sleepless night with weird dreams of running a 5K which turned out to be 1.5 miles which I ran after not running for 2 weeks. Then a dream about a softball game where I was supposed to be the starting catcher but my right knee kept popping out on me when I'd get up or down and my coach said if I didn't play I wouldn't get to start ever again so I sprinted twice and my knee kept popping and then I focused all my attention on my knee and was able to sprint without my knee popping. Craziness.

So I was late for work because I was so freaking confused on those dreams. The morning was spent trying to pick furniture pieces and fit them into a new office for other people. UGH! This went into the middle of the afternoon because it took forever to find the right combination to work. Then there was a bunch of paperwork that needed to be done for someone for a trip next week which after 2 hours of stress and trying to sort out the funding and travel and materials needed ended up being cut by Boss1 due to some poor pre-planning by the individual who wanted to go (and the fact that the person never got approval anyway).

Finally, I was able to clean up my desk a bit and get on the road just in time to pick up my awesome niece Emmy. Emmy is spending tonight and all day tomorrow with me. We've already had a blast. We went to CiCi's Pizza (a place I've never been so she had to show me the ropes) and then to the grocery store so we could make sugar cookies, which we just finished. Tomorrow we'll frost them and then probably eat them. She can't wait!

Now I need to sleep. And so does she. Good night, Emmy! (We have to fold my laundry first...she's really excited about that! Not.)

No comments: