02 August 2008

Whew

Okay, so you'll notice that I have updated my blog with all my recent posts. I wrote daily while at Camp, but they are really rough...many written late in the evening.

Last night was rough. After I got home from work I finished writing my post for yesterday, contemplated ironing, burned pic CDs, and finally went to bed.

This morning was harder though. I did not want to get up for work. Why I did I'm still not sure. But I did and I got through a bunch of emails and paperwork. Before I left I had my desk immaculate. Today it's back, covered with papers. I am going to clean it off before I leave tomorrow. I have to or I'll truly go insane Tuesday when I return for the week.

It was nice to be back at the office. All last week I kept text my friend RA telling her about camp and lamenting my furniture. But I'm back and it feels so good. Of course that was until one of the higher ups said to me at lunch, "I thought you were off this week?" well, yeah, but I'm back. "Well, Boss1 said you were gone so we wouldn't have slides today." Grr...I went in last night for an hour to get those updated for him and Mel had them ready to go. Oh...he's in for it later.

After a long day at work, I came home and talked to mom a little. She's watching Jake and Ava this week while my bro and sis are at a conference of sorts. I had originally planned to take them both tomorrow night after work but mom doesn't seem to think that's a great idea. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

So I need to clean just in case they or one of them does come to stay tomorrow. I am watching them on Monday, and I've coerced NRB on a playdate with his son and my 'kids'. I think we're going swimming and to the park. Should be fun. I'm excited to hang out with Jake. I think we'll have a blast.

Tonight I watched the Indians beat the Twins, which is always nice and I'm doing laundry. This is the excitement of my life. I've been looking at a few of my photos from this week and it's one of the first times in my life I have really wanted liposuction and a breast reduction. I feel so fat. Camp food and shorts...not a good combination for me.

Of course one of my trips I thought I'd be going on at the end of the month may be canceled and that was the one I really wanted to be in better shape for. I know I still can get into shape and should for it, but the momentum is gone. But we'll see, maybe it'll come back. I can hope, right?

Man, I'm tired. I need sleep.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Oh man, I have a lot of catching up to do here. Super busy. Sounds like it was a good time. I'll catch up - and fill you in - when I can. Got a rush editing job, kids, more family in town till Tuesday, starting another writing gig next week that will take me half days for a few weeks to get done.... omg. Fun though.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had fun, anyway!!!

I understand about the housecleaning bit. I'm in the throws of that right now. 3 houseguests for 4 weeks. ACK!!