10 August 2008

From yesterday

Disclaimer: I really did type this Sunday night, but to my faithful readers (all 5 of you) you'll know this wasn't actually posted Sunday night. Long story...which I wrote last night so here you go:

What a freakin' day. I'm so tired I just want to sleep, and I will as soon as I finish this.

Saturday night ran late (to verify, see post's timestamp) and if I was a good Christian girl I would have gone to church. But I was hoping to get on the road early today so I could travel via daylight.

But no...I got up late (much needed sleep though I could have slept even longer but forced myself up so I could get going). I had to do laundry, I thought, so I threw in a combat load and cleaned up my kitchen. Then started packing, during which I realized I probably wouldn't have had to do laundry, so that pissed me off because I'd have to stick around for the dryer now. Grrr.

Oh well. I tried to just relax for a little bit and do some cleaning so I wouldn't have to when I get back. And I tried to prep my head for the upcoming week. It's going to be another doozy. I can feel it already.

Eventually I got out of my apartment (not before I walked to the elevator with all my bags and then decided to go back and repack everything in my rolling suitcase instead. Smarter, and I have no idea why I didn't do that initially!) and headed to work to finish up a few things from Friday and pick up my work supplies for the week.

After a couple hours of work I got on the road for my 5 hour drive. Honestly the drive isn't bad. I like to drive, especially road trips, even if they are for work. This one was really nice and I took a few photos from my car just for fun.



But then I hit a tremendous lightning and thunderstorm. This was awesome. I'm usually pretty staunch when I drive, believing that me and Morty can make it through anything. Yeah, no. I actually pulled off to the side of the road for 15 minutes for this one. That was really nice. I love storms, not that I like them in my car, but this was sweet. The rain was sheets, the thunder rocked and vibrated the car and the lightning was amazing - thick and long lasting. Suh-weet.

I made a pit stop at Target to pick up the things I realized on my way out that I had forgotten and then headed to my place to stay. I was so exhausted it was all I could to unload my car.

I finally got everything in and I was supposed to call my friend Garry for supper but I just couldn't bring myself to dial the phone. Instead, I got in my jammies and sorted through pictures for this week's work. I watched Doris Day movies on AMC (which were both awesome - one was Young at Heart with Sinatra - awesome!).

Now I'm going to go to bed because it's late and I need sleep. We start early tomorrow, though with the time change it's actually an hour after I normally do. Odd.

No comments: