04 August 2008

Feeling better

Okay, so yesterday I really was having a self-deprecating moment. I'm kind of over it now. I've decided what triggered it were these reasons:

- I was super tired after a week of 97 campers, 18 JCs, and other staff members.
- All of that was done while being in the sun, 14 hours a day, with limited water, and 3 meals a day, versus 6 mini meals I'm used to. And lack of fruit
- The picture was being viewed on this screen I'm using which is long not tall, so things are chubby instead of svelte
- The picture was also of me wearing clothes that I hate - bad bad bad shorts and too-short t-shirt (not overly short, just not quite like I like it)
- I haven't talked to one of my hot friends in a while and I miss that, and it made me wonder if I screwed something up there...too anxious too soon?
- I was nervous about today.

What happened today you ask? Well, today I had Jake and Ava, 5 and 2 respectively, for a few hours while Granny was at work. My plan was to meet up with NRB and his son at a nearby water park, which meant I had to wear the dreaded of all women's clothing: the swimsuit.

For the most part, I like my swimsuit. It's not too tight, it's not high cut or rides up my ass, it has a fairly open back, which isn't great if you have back fat (which I have a little) but I do like how it's cut. I just was really nervous to be wearing it in public. I haven't done this in over a year. And here I was doing it in front of NRB and (not planned) another co-worker who we ran into with her great-niece and great-nephew.

But this morning, I woke up feeling less fat (watermelon helps with that, I will say). I was still super tired, but when I put on said swimsuit I didn't want to run for cover like I thought I might. I actually felt okay in it. The kids came over, and of course they don't care what I wear, and we had a blast.

The water park was great. There were a couple slides for the kids and a lot of shallow water for them to play in. There was also a sand park area that wasn't too bad, though I hate being dirty so that wasn't too exciting for me. Jake just kept wanting to build a dam. :)

After the park we went for TCBY and I effortlessly avoided a TV interview of parents and kids meals. "I'm not a parent! And I'm going to feed them ice cream when their grandma told them no. I'm not a good example." Oh well. That worked.

After that we came home and Ava finally fell asleep while Jake and I watched Freakazoid* and Spongebob. When Granny came by to pick them up we went out to BK for supper and then they headed home.

I'm feeling better, I will say. So maybe it's time for some low carb ice cream. I need to save my watermelon for tomorrow. It might be a watermelon kind of day.

*Yes! Freakazoid! I bought Season 1 and it came today in a box that Jake thought would have toys for kids (because my apartment doesn't have any). Here's the clip on YouTube in case you forgot how cool the theme music was. :)

No comments: