02 December 2008

Waiting

I'm waiting for the crash.

But surprisingly I have been feeling pretty good today. Work was work, and KC and I continued plans for the holiday party we are hosting this weekend at work.

We're doing things a little different this year. We have a budget of $4 per person and in the past we've always asked for people to bring something or donate $5.

I hate asking people for money (because sometimes people don't give but still take advantage of the party or event anyway). So I suggested we just have the full-timers bring food (potluck style) and the part-timers could just relax and enjoy.

So that's what we did, but apparently people don't understand the concept of RSVP. You know, where you respond whether or not you're coming so the party planners can have an actual count? So we're kind of scrambling to figure out if we'll have enough food.

Our main dish sign up has been slim to none so after talking with Boss2 today I decided I'm going to buy a ham and we'll have that. A local butcher gets them all ready, pre-cooked so all we'd have to do is heat it up this weekend. That works for me and then it won't be too bad for food with the rest of stuff coming.

I'm crossing my fingers this party will work out. We went a totally different route this year and I'm a little worried, but confident that most people won't really care. And if they do, they just won't come or they'll leave.

So that was the base project for the day and now I'm just waiting for the crash that is inevitable from this morning's wide-awakeness. :) Of course Rachel said I'll wake up at 4:30 tomorrow. That wouldn't be bad since I still have a lot of work to do.

No comments: