14 December 2008

Snow

There's a joke in our state that "if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes."

Actually, it's not much of a joke because often this is the truth. We have such dramatic changes in weather where you'll be toasty and warm one day and the next in parka's and awaiting the onslaught of snow.

That's today. Yesterday was in the 30's and nice weather to run (not that I did, though I should have). Today, there are blizzard warnings, 40-50 mile an hour wind, interstates closed, and, of course, snow.

The weather guys are having a heyday. They love this weather because they actually have something to report. This weather and when we're in the tornado season are their favorite's it seems.

Anyway, it's a snow day. I was supposed to go north to see my nephew's church Christmas program but my friend who lives nearby who was also going to attend texted me that it was or will be canceled. So I called Mom and said, let's not risk it.

So I'm going to do laundry, bake cookies, and clean. These are the days I love. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always gotten a kick out of that "if you don't like the weather" line... not because it's all that funny, but because ALL of the places that I've ever lived in (and many that I've visited) seem to think that the line originated there, or that it only applies there!

Also, hey moe! Long time no comment!