01 December 2008

Twilight Spoilers

Seriously, if you haven't read the book or seen the movie "Twilight", please don't read this. I don't want to be responsible for spoiling your fun.

Last night, after a great reunion of conversation and dinner with Karen, we decided to hit a movie. I haven't seen a movie since The Express (which was awesome, by the way) so it was good for me to get out.

Karen loved Twilight the first time she saw it and she really wanted to go again. I wasn't going to see it because I've read and loved the book and, more often than not, I'm always disappointed with the movie after I read the book.

Well, I wasn't horribly disappointed. I understand the changes they made - like introducing the truck, Billy and Jacob all in one fell swoop; the showing of the deaths of people in the area by the others; the use of the phone between Bella and her mom instead of email; and a few others.

But a few I just didn't like. Bella and her dad didn't eat out at the cafe - she cooked for him! Jacob warned Bella about Edward way before the end of the book (at least that's how I remember it). The whole Mike/Eric/Bella triangle wasn't played up as much as it should have been - not that it was crucial for the story but it was part of the story. There were 2 dances in the book - not one (though I can understand that one too - there's just too much to condense into 2 hours). And, of course, the house wasn't how I pictured it - actually neither house, Charlie's or Edwards were how I had pictured them.

The one good thing, despite not being how I had pictured him, Carlisle was HOT. Of course, I like Peter Facinelli and he fit the part perfectly - especially since he's Italian-American and a vegetarian. :)

Anyway, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be. It stayed pretty close to the book, though, Karen will vouch, there were several times when I was shaking my head that it wasn't right or would say so right out loud. :)

But still a good movie. I'm curious if they are going to do the next. But until then, I'm going to reread the book and see what else they changed (because I know they did but I won't do a complete dissection here).

No comments: