19 December 2008

Rough start, better end

This morning did not start out well at all.

I woke up and checked on the magnets I made for my bosses. Well, the glue didn't dry clear like it was supposed to, so the picture under the plastic was covered with a white film. Dammit. So I quickly got ready and ran to the grocery store to buy wine instead.

At 6:47 I showed up at the checkout lane and the woman said, "I can't sell this until 7am." shit. I was a little annoyed because the store has the beer covered up with a big sign that says, "No Beer Sales 2am-7am", but the wine is right out in the open with no sign. Yeah, I suppose logic would tell me that wine would fall in the same category, but at 6:47 when I'm already late for work and still very tired logic does not work well for me.

So at 7 on the nose I checked out having called Boss3 (miss-dialed) that I would be late and headed to work. I showed up and Boss1 was not happy, but I told him I had called but had mistakenly called Boss3 instead of Boss1 (numbers right next to each other).

But today was party day and so no one was motivated to do anything. I had a nice long chat with my friend BlB, ate krumkake, had a MocMuffin for breakfast, and just kind of relaxed. Our holiday party was okay. I didn't really feel like mingling so I just kind of stood around and talked to whomever passed by. It worked.

We also took a collection for the local food shelter in town today and, of course, because I work for Boss1 I was in charge of the final collection. We ended up pulling in about $775 which was good, though I think we could have done better. But maybe that's just me and my desire to give away things.

After work I got to chat with Debbie who helped me out with a problem I was having, went to Lowe's and got paint samples for mom (part of her Christmas present), then to B&N for books for my nephew, then Target for a few other items, and finally the grocery for some food for tonight - one of which was pizza which I burned.

But the blizzard is coming, the blizzard is coming so I'll probably be stuck inside the rest of the weekend and I'm okay with that. A friend of mine has some rental property that will need to be shoveled out so maybe I'll see if I can help with that, just so I get out for awhile. We'll see.

So for now, I'm tired and need sleep. Again. Sheesh...another lame post. Sorry.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Hey Moe!
Just checking in to say hi.
Hope your weekend - and shopping - and holiday get together with your family goes well!