09 December 2008

Snow tramp

It's snowy here these days. It all came down last night and so today the streets were a mess and made everything just slushy and dirty. I love snow, don't get me wrong, but I really hate the mess it makes on city streets.

My car, Morty, does not like the cold. I'm so glad I pay for a heated, underground garage at my apartment. My wiper fluid has been freezing up when I get outside so it's good I can use the overnight to thaw it out. I actually used snow at noon to clean off my window when I was in-between errands I was running over lunch.

So tonight, after I picked up a mini trampoline as requested by my trainer and some groceries for my diet plan also as requested by my trainer, I came home and hosed my car down. We're allowed to wash our car in the garage and today I was really thankful for it.

I love the Cities but they use a lot of salt to keep their streets clear. Unfortunately that all stuck to my car yesterday and clogged up in my wheelwells. Let's just say, Morty was a mess. But he looks a lot better now - cleaner and less goopy. Hopefully it'll help.

On the trainer note, Keith gave me a new diet plan to try. It's an 11-day on/3-day off thing. It's pretty cool though I'm a little nervous that there is a really limited amount of carbs on it. But that's probably a VERY good thing since I've been eating way too many carbs and way too much sugar lately. I need to stop and sadly, this isn't the time of year to do that, but I'm going to try.

The tram (tramp as I keep calling it) is to help me do calisthenics at home since I don't get to the gym very much. He mapped out some good things for me to do that I can do simply while watching my normal TV shows, which is nice.

So I promised him I'd try both for 11 days and see how it goes. I have to put the tram(p) together tonight so it's ready for me tomorrow.

I think this will be good. I need to focus on something good in my life.

1 comment:

Justin G said...

Snow snow snow....we only have about 4 feet right now:-) we are not going anywhere for xmas or after....the inlaws are comimg out the saturday after for a few days....