02 December 2008

Sleep

My sleep patterns have been all jacked up lately and I'm starting to get annoyed. I can't really blame anyone but myself for today's awakening at 3:30 since I kind of told myself I wanted to get up at 3:30 so I could go to work early and get some things started/finished. Of course, when I woke at 3:26 I started laughing and rolled over and told myself I needed 30 more minutes. I woke again at 3:57 and laughed again. Wow, this power of suggestion thing really works. So I told myself 15 more minutes and then I'd get up.

I woke up again at 4:14. Crazy...seriously.

The bad thing is that I'm one who really believes in the "go to bed, get up at the same time every day" thing. I really try to stay as close to that as possible - varying usually only by an hour on either side. But two weeks ago I was in another time zone with different work hours which threw me off. Then last week was a short work week with six days off. Everything has been kind of jacked up.

Now this week is back to "normal" if there is such a thing. And waking up early today isn't a big deal except tomorrow will be rough as I'll want to sleep in. I just know this will happen because it's how I work. And I can't sleep in this weekend to "catch up" because it's a work weekend. And I can't sleep in next Monday on my day off because I need to be in the cities to see Keith.

Oh what a roller coaster!

But really, if this is the only thing I have to stress about...then my life is pretty good. :)

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

Holy cow. The book is intense. I didn't expect that it would be so, so, Teen Romance. I was a bit disappointed, but how else are you going to get a good teen cult following without such intensity. I'm excited for book two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!