16 December 2008

Egg on my face

I'm so tired of the cold. I will say the snow coming down today at noon was really pretty...really pretty icky to drive in, but nice to see.

Tomorrow is our building party for the full-time workers. Because I caused such a to-do with the part-timer party on the weekend, I thought I better help plan this one. So we're, of course, switching it all up from the past couple year's.

Instead of a potluck of chili and soup and thousands of treats, we opted for a breakfast/brunch of sorts. We're having 3 kinds of egg bake, French Toast, fruit and OJ. I'm really excited about this. I love having eggs to eat during the day.

The other part of our party is to do a White Elephant gift exchange. Last year was my first time with this and there was a $10 limit. This confused me since I thought White Elephant was something you had lying around the house you didn't want anymore. Well, here people buy lottery tickets, or Bath & Body works lotions, or the like.

Well, at the part-timer party we also had a gift exchange where I was the proud recipient of duck eggs, non-alcoholic sangria, roasted eel, and some jelly grass drink thing. There were some other items but I don't remember what they were. The guy who had brought it wrote an elegant instruction on what to eat when. So I'm packaging it up again and giving it away tomorrow.

But, because people in our building don't really like these kinds of gifts and expect something nicer, I'm baking sugar cookies tonight to make up for it and then I'll frost/glaze them in the morning before I have to go in to work. I'm such a sucker.

But I'm cold, and my apartment is cold. And I'm tired. *sigh* At least I get eggs tomorrow. (Chicken, not duck)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the party tomorrow!

That list of items sound like someone stopped by an Asian grocery store and grabbed things at random. How odd!!!

(even if I have tried and know what most of them are)

Winter is only what, a few months more. ;P It's single digits here with negative teens/twenties windchill with strong winds. I'm sure it's even worse further north. Ugh.

Baritonality said...

I hope this went well. I'm sorry I missed you when you were in town. I saw Karen when she was in town, maybe I'll have to make a trip to your neck of the woods and the three of us can hang out for a while... or maybe I'll bring company.
We'll see.