08 December 2008

Mail call!

I love getting mail and the last few days I haven't really been able to check my mail because I've been working way too damn much. Today was a nice day off...Well, what the heck, let me tell you all about it!

So you know I woke at 4 and got on the road to see Keith. Well, I got there late because people don't know how to drive. Keith thought we were going to work out today too. Sheesh. I forgot about this and though I had my clothes ready to go today, I had forgotten them, my presents for Sarah* and Debbie and the cookies for Keith.

But he made me work out anyway and gave me some new calisthenics to do and advised me to buy a mini-trampoline and YakTrax (which of course I bought the wrong ones, but I'm going to try them anyway). I'll get the mini-tram tomorrow.

My massage was amazing. Keith is a pure God when it comes to massage. Even though there were moments where I wanted to just scream, I held on and now I feel great.

I headed back home afterward and the 4 hour drive back was a bit rough at times. I opened my window to stay awake and learned that popcorn is a great thing to keep me awake. That and the Altar Boyz soundtrack.

And when I got home, there were 4 boxes of fun waiting for me. I got the Air Force Blues book, new shoes that I'm going to try (they are lighter than my usual Brooks and I kind of like them, though they are last seasons (ASR) and I may just use them at home on the tram) for under $40, movies, new organic cotton towel 8-piece set (which was under $40) and new organic cotton sheets (also under $40).

I'm so stoked. First these were all items I wanted/needed AND they were on sale. Second, the organic sheets and towels make me really happy. And third, I love getting mail.

Then I went through the rest of my mail which is usually just junk. But today, I had a great surprise. Kat sent me a holiday picture-card. I love it!

I sometimes think I should do this, but pictures of me never quite turn out. I always look funny so I don't. But maybe someday.

Now, I must iron my uniform for tomorrow and go to bed. I desperately need sleep before starting another four days of work. Hopefully these won't be 14-hour days like last weeks. :)

*Sarah - I'm sorry I didn't get you called. I was so exhausted I would not have been good company. I do want to see y'all though! I hope Eli is doing well. Hugs!

2 comments:

KJ said...

=)

Justin G said...

moe moe moe when you coming to visit us here in michigan???