25 November 2008

'Uffda,' as we say here

So waking up yesterday at 3:30am was great and I felt more productive than ever.

Today was a different story. I went to bed at a normal time, but waking up hurt. Physically hurt. I was so tired it wasn't funny.

I ended up getting up late, getting to work late - the whole time worrying that I wasn't going to make it because my gas tank was nearing the end in my car, but getting a venti chai to wake me up.

Somehow, though, I missed breakfast, didn't eat lunch til 1, and then had to work late because I got in the middle of a project and then GM came in to remind me he needed his information for his trip next week, which I had totally spaced in pulling together (he had given me the info right before I left on my trip last week).

So now, even though I'm supposed to be off tomorrow, I have to go in and clean up that mess and then clean my office because I also got boxes of supplies in at the end of the day.

Sheesh. Luckily, we have a long weekend to relax. I'm excited for the time off, though it seems to make life harder when I go back to work. One day off, maybe two is one thing. But seven is a little much.

I know, I know. I shouldn't complain. I'm not really, because it'll provide me ample time to clean out my storage and do some baking, provided I stay motivated. I just need to stay motivated.

No comments: