19 November 2008

Reruns are great

TBS has Friends showing at 5:30 these days and last night was my favorite episode, "The One with the Embryos" where Phoebe gets pregnant with her brother's kids and Monica and Rachel lose the apartment. I love that one.

Tonight is the one with Josh-ua and Rachel and our introduction to "How you doin'?"

I remember when this one first aired back in the 90s. Beth, my roommate, and I always taped it because Thursday nights were concert nights so we always watched on the weekends instead. This was fine until this episode aired and cute Cory came up to me Friday and said, "Hey Moe, how you doin'?" in the best Joey impression ever.

I of course just said, "I'm fine, how are you?" He said, "NO! You didn't answer right!" And then proceeded to make fun of me for not watching our beloved show the night prior.

After that, I started watching Friends whenever we got home from the concert or after we went to the club to hear our prof's jazz combo play. I never made that mistake again.

No comments: