24 November 2008

Trying something different

I woke up this morning at 3:30am.

Yes, 3:30 a.m.

Normally, when this happens I do my best to go back to sleep because that's just way too early to get up!

But today I was so wide awake that as I thought about going back to sleep I realized it would take me at least 30 minutes to somewhat fall asleep, and then by the time I get into that deep sleep my alarms would go off and I'd be more tired than if I just stayed up.

I'm normally a 3 alarm sleeper/waker-upper, so this was actually a good decision on my part. I got up, checked email which I like to do in the morning, took a long shower, had breakfast (scrambled eggs), watched a little Karate Kid, and then went to Starbucks for my morning Chai and off to work.

I was at work almost an hour early. At one point Pat showed up, and she usually shows up early, came into my office and said, "Couldn't sleep?" nope.

The good thing about this is that I got a lot of work done and was actually alert all day (still am!).

I'm just a little worried about tomorrow.

No comments: