03 November 2008

Tight Harmonics

Yesterday I briefly mentioned how the gang and I sang the National Anthem at the event we had for work yesterday.

Today in our paper (and actually last night on their on-line version) we got this critique (edited to remove names):

"AES, Moe and M- and C-B opened with tight harmonics on the national anthem.”

Awesome. I think this was the best review I've ever received. My friend KB called me yesterday to tell me "Great job. It was the highlight of the event. I wasn't sure how M and C were going to be part of it, since I've heard you and AES before, but that was really great."

M had commented when we were rehearsing one day how it was nice to work with musicians. C and he used to have another similar group on the other side of the state but M said that was rough...people not able to read music and really struggling to figure out harmonies. We sang together the first time with very few issues. We were able to work on breathing and phrasing and dynamics instead. It was really awesome.

C is our booking agent so she's trying to find us other gigs. AES is really stoked and I have to admit, so am I. I miss singing (not that I want my life to be the National Anthem all the time) so singing with this group is really fun. I'm going to have to go through my files and see if I can find anything for 4-part that we could do. It'd be really awesome to expand our options.

No comments: