26 November 2008

I am SO not quitting my day job yet.

So recently I found Bakerella which is an awesome blog and totally creative.

Well, last week she had these on her blog and I was totally hooked. These Turkey Cake Pops would be awesome to bring to my nieces and nephews on Thanksgiving.

Sadly, I didn't find all the parts that I needed so I ended up using M&Ms for the face, which sort of works, and decorating gel pens for the eyes, beak and waddle. And I had the pretzels for the feet but I forgot to put them in. whoops.

They look okay, especially the middle ones. A couple look like they are crying, but whatever.

But this gives me something new to work on which makes me excited. So tonight, the night of Thanksgiving Eve, I am thankful for Bakerella for this awesome idea that I can use to incorporate and hone for other future endeavors.

But I'm not quitting my day job. I'm so not ready for my own bakery yet. Someday maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bakerella is awesome... Your turkeys turned out great. I tried making cake balls from her early posts on those... they turned out EXTREMELY tasty, but they were really ugly. I'm not good at dipping chocolates!

~moe~ said...

Thanks Jill! I lost a lot of turkeys trying to tap off the chocolate and luckily it was turkeys because the balls did not stay round! Oh well... next time it'll go better. :)