13 November 2008

Mini pet peeve from this afternoon

Now I know I'm an Admin Assistant (and a damn good one - usually) but this just pisses me off.

Someone needs a letter for them to go to a new job. There's a specific form that it needs to be in and how it needs to look. Now if this was me looking for this new job, I'd type up the letter and have it ready to go for the important people (i.e. boss1 or boss2) to sign it.

But instead, the person who so desperately needs this letter done today so they can start their new job on Monday hands me a sheet of paper with the template on it and says "I found it."

Joy. I ask if it needs to be on letterhead (which is readily accessible to everyone who works here) because it looks horribly unprofessional and like shit. "Oh, yeah, probably," she says offhandedly. "I'll come back tomorrow AM and get it from you."

Now first I thought she needed it today ("I have to have it faxed by 3 our time!") but now she doesn't need it until the morning? And she still can't type it up?

So now I have to retype the Damn letter so that she can have a new job. I'm not sure how she'll function at it if she can't even type up a simple memo. But this is nothing new.

If I wasn't so damn excited that she's leaving I'd be more pissed.

No comments: