15 November 2008

Favorite Aunt

I'm once again establishing my status as the "favorite aunt" amongst a few of my nieces and nephews.

Last night Emmy came to stay with me. We went to Target to get my other niece, Ava, a birthday gift and picked up a couple movies to watch. We also checked out the toys so I have a better idea of what to get her for Christmas.

Today we made cookies and frosted them. We also made bacon and eggs (like I did before).



The cookies we made were a little gross, in my opinion. She thought they were "yummy!" Of course, she'll eat anything as long as it has sugar and is sweet. It was a weird recipe in one of her recipe books. Easy to make, I'll say, but just not right. Oh well. The bacon and eggs were a hit as always. :)

Then her mom and brother Zach picked us up to go to Ava's for her 2nd birthday party. "I'm twooooooooo," she said a lot today. We also picked up Granny (my mom) to ride with us.

The party was great. Ava was super cute and had a lot of fun opening her gifts. "Open!" She got three dolls (well, three and a half...one was a Barbie), a puppy that was super cool, a stroller, a diaper bag for her dolls and Mr. Potato Head. The latter was a good gift because it kept Zach and Jake busy for a good while.

But Ava gave me lots of hugs and kept coming to me to hold her. That made me happy. I'm glad she likes me and remembers me. And Emmy and I had a lot of fun. I'm glad I can have a close relationship with them. This is one of the best bonuses of moving back home. I can't wait until I get a house so I can have them over more often and they can stay in my guest room. Someday...

No comments: