03 November 2008

Lunch money

I just realized I'm two days behind on my $5 lunch thing that I'm going to do for NaBloPoMo.

So yesterday I didn't eat any lunch, so that's a full $5 to the pot. But today...sigh...today I was starving (probably from not eating much yesterday) and so I treated myself and went to Panera and blew $8 on the meal (so I'm not going to take away money from the kitty, but will just count it as zero in).

Panera is a trick in this city. It's on the far southwest side, which is far away from where I live. A good 20 minute drive. Of course this is ironic since the closest one to where I lived when I was in the cities was at least 20 minutes away but that was normal. Here, everything is flat so it just seems to take longer.

But I hadn't had Panera in awhile. I did go one night after work which was great, but I really wanted it again today (and it's so much better in the place than takeout).

I got to thinking about Panera. I've been trying to stay away from fast food, and Panera is sort of fast food but sort of a restaurant. It's kind of in the middle so it works for me. I love their Chicken Caesar salad and their bread...oh their bread!

It was yummy and I'm really glad I went, even if it did take $5 out of the kitty. But I have lunch already made for tomorrow and so I will be putting into the kitty then.

No comments: