16 November 2008

Membership has its advantages

YAY! So I'm in my room for the week, AND it has a refrigerator, AND it has Internet. The latter was a little tricky. The last time I was here for a brief stay I couldn't get it to work but it was only 2 days so I just bit the bullet and dealt without it.

This time I'm here for a week and I'll be damned if I don't have Internet access. So I actually called the techie support number and she wasn't much help at all. "It's like a cell signal. You may have to move around the room to find a good spot."

Yeah, okay. How about if I just "repair" my wireless connection and see if that does it. It does? Amazing! Wow! Who'da thunk it?

So apparently I'm not as computer illiterate as I thought I was. Thank God for that. I know I'm an idiot most of the time but at least I figured that out. And while I fluctuate between 3 and 4 bars down on my tool bar, at least they are all green and I'm connected.

I have a sweet suite this stay. Two little rooms - one as the bedroom, and one as the living area complete with big TV (anything is big compared to my 13 inch), DVD player, wireless connection, sofa, lay-z-boy, mini fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and coffee table. Nice digs. The bedroom is nice too - a queen bed, big closet, dresser, sink for dishes and brushing teeth (my one minor pet peeve) and nice bathroom (without sink). As my friends would say, "That'll do, pig. That'll do."

Now just to get psyched up for my class. Uffda.

No comments: