20 November 2008

It's a small world after all; and I have a problem

I went out to eat tonight with a guy from class. No, this wasn't a date. We were both just tired of either eating in the hotel or eating fast food and wanted something good.

So we went to the Firehouse for steak. Mmmmm Steak. I'm not a big red meat fan, but I haven't had any in a very long time. The Firehouse is also a local brewery so I had their closest equivalent of Guinness and was very glad. I could have used that the other night after the horrid pictures, but I'm glad I waited.

The steak was great, though kind of fatty. The beer was fabulous. And the conversation was great. Our company is really small in our state, so we're bound to cross paths. And over the course of our conversations tonight we really found how many paths we really crossed.

We had a great time. At least I did. We laughed, we talked and it was good to get out.

Now I'm back and it's time to pack. I hate packing. But I've said that before.

My problem is that I have an issue. I love Diet Coke with Splenda. My constant readers would know this, but my city's stores haven't carried DC with Splenda in a very long time...VERY long time.

Monday I found it at this Target. I held off buying any until Tuesday when I bought three 12-packs (only because they only had three on the shelf). Wednesday I was going to go back, but I thought I should wait. But tonight I went and bought all seven that were left.

So that's ten 12-packs I'm bringing home. TEN. And I'll have to ration because I'm not sure when I'll be back out this way.

I'm a dork. :)

3 comments:

KJ said...

Yeah... Ok, I'm just wondering how good that stuff can be for you...

Put a nail in a cup and see if it'll disintegrate it, like regular Coke will. Pour a can into your toilet and see if it eats the stains.

Think of it as a science experiment.

Sophzilla said...

A woman's got to do what a woman's got to do...

Anonymous said...

I stockpile pop when it goes on sale. I tried cutting out carbonation when I started training for this marathon, but I started to realize that I need at least one vice! :-)