09 November 2008

Could I be more unmotivated?

Is it possible to truly "do nothing" in a day? Apparently so.

I let myself sleep last night, meaning I didn't set an alarm which is very unusual for me. I like to keep close to my same sleeping schedule, honestly, I do. But you'll see as the day goes on, I don't quite follow my own beliefs.

Today is my Saturday so sleeping was a good thing to do. I woke up at 9 and caught up on the internet and blogs til about 10:30. Then I showered and got dressed, intent on cleaning my apartment, baking, and doing laundry.

Mom called with mail for me (I still get junk mail at home and she can't seem to just shred it or recycle it...I have to look at it) so I ran downstairs to get it. My other plan was to run a 5K today but when I stepped outside it was bitterly cold. Mom didn't even get out of her car...just rolled down the window a bit and handed me my stuff. But then she wanted to talk...um..."It's cold out, mom." oh okay.

I then ran to the grocery store and got a pizza for lunch because I figured I could start my oven then. Did I mention that I hadn't turned on my heat yet? Yeah, so it was very chilly in my apartment.

After lunch, I was freezing. My oven wasn't helping warm up the apartment so I broke down and turned on the heat, then I crawled into bed with my heating blanket and promptly fell asleep. That wasn't my intent at all, I like naps but not to the point where I could have ran a marathon during one.

I ended up sleeping 3 hours, and now I'm trying to get motivated to actually do some of the things I had planned on doing earlier. My kitchen is a mess. I have laundry to put away from last week and more to wash today. It's crazy.

Luckily tomorrow is my Sunday, and while I have plans with Karen (right?) and a couple of errands to do, I should be able to get the rest of my stuff done even if I fail miserably tonight. But let's hope I don't.

No comments: