02 November 2008

Busy day, and I'm glad it's over

I woke up at 4:15. Ugh. I do like Daylight Saving Time because in the fall that extra hour is always nice but it takes me a week to get readjusted. I should have just gone into work this morning when I woke up but I decided to stay in bed and take my time getting to work.

The day went swimmingly. I barely saw Boss1, but everything really fell together. The event we had went off without a hitch, the gang and I sang the National Anthem beautifully (which was a little scary since we were in an arena type setting, with mics and I had some high notes to hit - and KC was worried about me not being heard. HA!).

You would think, though, that my shoulders would have been less tense moments after everything was finished, but it still hasn't quite gone away. I'm working on it.

After work I was going to run because it was a beautiful 75 degrees here today (amazing for November) but I knew if I left to run Mom would call to clean out her gutters and if I didn't go she wouldn't call for an hour. She surprised me and called me moments after I made the decision not to run. Probably a good thing since I hadn't eaten much today - two Kashi waffles at 7:30 am and then toast and a half a cheese quesadilla at 3. Not a good way to go run.

So I headed up to mom's and got to climb on a roof for a while. It was great. I swept out a bunch of the leaves and then mom handed up the blower ("It's Mega Maid...she's gone from suck to blow!"). That was great but I got a bunch of dirt in my eye. Not fun.

Mom took me out for dinner after we got done with our chores and we ran into some neighbors from down the street. This was awkward. The mom I haven't seen in a long time. Mom and her used to be good friends. And the son, I haven't seen him since high school. That was really awkward. TH and I used to play together when we were younger with EST. In fact, EST, TH and I were best friends.

It's just hard to talk to someone you haven't seen in 15 years. Once you get past the how are you, what are you doing, where do work, you kind of run out of things to say. After elementary school we really didn't hang out. EST started hanging out with the cool people, TH hung out with his friends, and I was the geek studying in the hallway during lunch.

Oh well. But I felt like a dirty girl when I got home so I had to take a shower. I love showers. *sigh*. And now I'm going to check Kat's blog and go to bed. It's that time. I mean it's 10 pm, really. Even if the clocks only say it's 9.

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

Sara!
So I'm going to a Zumba class tonight and then I have tractor driving lessons...so I might not be available to do anything...BUT, I'm here all week, actually I'll be here all my life if I never get a job...so let's figure this out.