01 November 2008

Happy All Saints Day!

Of course, my friend Jenna is still in Reformation mode. (Yes, I'm finally celebrating Reformation.)

Jenna came to my office today with a bunch of paper in her hand. I was busy talking with Jim and had Andy and Bruce waiting out in the hallway. HL was with Jenna looking for the boxes that had come in for them and so I was a wee bit distracted. (Not to mention I was trying to get to my meeting.)

I turned around to direct HL where the boxes were and when I turned around Jenna says, "Tah-da!" She had hung on my wall a series of taped together papers - all with the 95 Thesis.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time (not since the hyper-tense lady in the building made a comment about soliciting better door-to-door). Of course as our Catholic friends walked in Jenna would stage-whisper, "Hide the paper!" No one really got it...but oh well. We had a good laugh.

But today is actually All Saints Day. So celebrate, honor and remember those we have lost. I've had a lot of recurring memories this year - a lot of Dad and Nicole...not sure why but they have hit me hard. But today I will think of them only in a good way. I still love them and miss them dearly.

No comments: