04 November 2008

A Superhero Day

After a rough day at work and remembering that I hadn't checked mail yesterday, I came home to find three awesome things:

1) My newest Superhero Necklace. Andrea is an awesome designer and I have a lot of her jewelry, which is odd for me since I don't wear a lot of jewelry. I have it on right now and I feel much joy.

2) I got my Call to Places flyer from the Guthrie. As a few of you know, I'm a season ticket holder so I get the Call to Places which gives some insight into the next show and the calendar for the next few months. There I see that Jonatha Brooke is playing at the Guthrie December 1. I was so excited and trying to plan out how to go until I realized that December 1 is a Monday and there's no way I can make it up, see the show, drive back, and function the next day at work (and I can't skip work on the 2nd). But it's still exciting to see Jonatha Brooke in this neck of the woods.

3) Andrea's post today was incredible. The writing by Maya is so fitting for today, but also for every day. Every day is a new day to write upon (that's a little Sound of Music-ish, but still).

I love Superhero days. They make me glad.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Jonatha Brooke is playing in Milwaukee on Dec 2nd -and I had the exact same reaction you did. I'm so disappointed I can't go! I could have gone on the 1st...maybe she would trade locations for us?