26 April 2008

Letter 26

Today's letters are T and C.

I don't know why I think I need to fix myself on my own. I can't do it. I've been feeling blue lately, which is to be expected with all that's going on in my life, but one of the big things I realized earlier this week is that I haven't been back to The Cities since early March, and that was a super quick trip just for the Guthrie and coffee.

So, Thank Goodness, I have tickets for this weekend to see A Midsummer Night's Dream. More on that in a second...

I debated and debated this week of when I should come up. The show is at 7 Sunday night so really I could easily come up to the cities on Sunday AM after church, see a couple friends, hit the show, stay night and then head back Monday AM. But because it's been so long since I've been up here I decided to come up today instead. Of course, still this morning I was debating on coming up today, but I did and I'm really glad I did.

Debbie, Lisa and I headed out to eat at Chevy's tonight. I'm not a big Mexican fan but it was okay. I ate too much though so now I feel bloated and blah. Oh well. But chatting with the girls and then walking through the Mall of Death for an hour was great.

And tomorrow I get to see JB for coffee/chai and, of course, the Guthrie! I'm really excited about the show. We did this one in college and I played The A Fairy. That was my character "A Fairy". All the rest of the fairies had names, but I had the big speech. I got to start the 2nd act with Puck on stage. It was great. I do love this show, the magicalness of it all. I can't wait to see how the Guthrie handles it.

I'm excited for another Shakespeare show again. I saw King Lear last fall with Ian McKellan (on the link: scroll down to Naked Wizards) which was awesome. I love Shakespeare when it's done well. I was chatting with my friend Garry from college yesterday and he said he slept through our rendition of Midsummer back then and isn't really into the theatre side of things like his brother is (His brother Tom played the ass - Nick Bottom - in ours). So Garry and I made a deal...he'd go to another Shakespeare play (I get to pick) but I have to go camping (sleeping bag and tent) for a weekend. He's totally getting the better end of the deal.

Anyway...back to TC - I'm so glad I'm back here. Sometimes I just need a refresher. I need to get back to where I feel the most normal and that's totally this city. I'm really thankful I still have friends here and options to be here. It's a very good thing.

No comments: