01 April 2008

The WTF for the day

Can someone please tell me why the AI judges continue to hammer Syesha when she has had kick ass performances the last few weeks?

Tonight she performed "I Will Always Love You" which many people probably didn't even realize was a Dolly Parton song and so they immediately compared her to Whitney...which she is not. In fact, she didn't try to be Whitney. Syesha did a great mix and if you didn't know either song you wouldn't have realized the similarities.

What pissed me off most was that it was like they wanted her to sound like Whitney or Dolly. But Syesha was doing what they keep telling the contestants to do: she made it her own. And for my money, she did an awesome job.

Michael Johns did pretty awesome too. But I have a thing for accents.

No comments: