18 April 2008

Letter 18

Today's letters are I and T (and even IT).

Let's start at the very beginning...it's a very good place to start. When you read you begin with?
A
B
C
When you learn you begin with:
C
B
T

Okay, enough of that but in my world this is true. For almost anything anymore, it seems there is a CBT attached to it. You have to take the CBT first; if you don't pass the CBT you won't get your upgrade; the CBT is short (this means it will only take you 3 hours instead of 5).

Well, for my job I had to take an upgrade level test a few months ago. I passed and thought I'd be done, my level would be granted. Well, at our last weekend work day, my training manager sent me an email and said I have to have my training record updated first. So I checked with my supervisor and she asked if I had completed all these CBTs that I had on my list to do. Shit. Nope...in fact, I hadn't even started.

So yesterday, I was unmotivated and decided I better get started. I finished one yesterday afternoon, most of another last night (finishing it this morning) and then started the third. Well, I quickly learned I won't accomplish these at work during the day. I was interrupted more times than I ever have been before - or maybe it just annoyed me more since I was trying to get these done. So I worked through lunch and just tried to keep going.

I just finished number 3 now (this is only 3 modules of 5 for ONE test...I have 3 or 4 others for this one segment, and then three more segments all broken down into tests with more modules).
Oh, did I mention these are all computer (IT) tests? And they are all fairly basic but I have to click through the modules or if I were to fail a test I'll get more dings because I didn't actually go through the training? Yeah, this sucks.

My other I & T tonight is that the Indians are at the Twins this weekend. I really wanted to go up and see the game tomorrow afternoon but with gas prices and that I'll be going up soon for a Guthrie show, I just couldn't justify it. I'm sad though...I really love my team. But, on the other hand, I do get to see them on TV since this is supposedly Twins Territory and they televise the games on FSN.

Well, back to both ITs for now. It's only the 2nd inning and I have a lot more training to do (Woohoo! two of my boys just scored! and Casey broke his bat!)

P.S. By the way, I'm not IT in any way-shape-or form, so stop trying to tag me.

No comments: