02 April 2008

Tired girl

I be a very tired girl today. The last two mornings I've woken at 2:17 and 2:23 respectively. I end up tossing and turning for a few hours then jerking awake when my alarm goes off thinking I'm super late for work. This morning I just gave up, got up and went into work about 30 minutes early.

On my way I stopped by Starbucks since I figured with two days in a row of lack of sleep I would need a chai. Plus we have a weekly meeting Wednesday mornings and all the guys drink coffee so I wanted to fit in. Well, I must be going their too often. I pulled up and the lady said (at the drive thru no less), "Going with the usual today?" I stumbled for a moment and said, "No, I need a venti and we'll need to make it nonfat." She immediately said, "Got it, nonfat venti chai, $4.06."

Okay...I'm going too often. This kind of freaked me out and made me laugh all at the same time. Boss1 made fun of me for having the BIG coffee cup this morning. Of course I had to explain it was chai since I'm anti-Lutheran and don't drink coffee, and then I explained my sleep patterns.

Luckily, I had already talked to him on Tuesday about taking tomorrow off. It's weekend work week so it is always crazy and it's probably (most definitely) really stupid of me to take tomorrow off, but I haven't had a mid-week day off in months. I'm really excited about it.

I'm going to sleep in (if I can - this will probably be 2:33 tonight), then go for a run, pick up a package or two, meet with my tax man, and veg. I might hit the mall and do some shopping, not that I have any money, and maybe - just maybe - I'll get my hair cut.

Of course all my best laid plans always go astray. Hell, JB, my plan for working out is already screwed up. I told you it probably wouldn't happen like I wanted it to. I'm just not that good.

Anyway, I'm tired and going to bed now. Pleasant dreams.

1 comment:

KJ said...

mmmmm....Venti Chai Latte