21 April 2008

Letter 21

The letter for the day is P.

P is for PIE! My apartment smells yummy right now. I thought it was getting near that whole pie season again and I need to brush up on my pie baking skills. So the other day I picked up some apples and it just came out of the oven.

I'm using a black bird this time. I was searching for one a month or so ago, did find one on eBay and won the bid. So I have it sitting in my pie right now, based on recommendations by Alton Brown. I want to try it right now but I'm going to let it cool for awhile...probably over night and then I'll bring it to work tomorrow (only because I promised SB a piece of pie the next time I made one).

Otherwise today was pretty uneventful. I did wake up from an amazing dream with John Cusack. I didn't really want to wake up or get up after that, but oh well. John, if you read this... I'm really not stalking you. I don't do that. But oh that dream! I can only hope to relive that one again tonight.

And congratulations to Mike and Pat, who two years ago today graduated from AMS. Why I remember that, I don't know, but remember this date impressed a man I admire a few weeks back, so maybe it's okay my nickname once was Calendar Girl.

No comments: