22 August 2005

weekend tidbits

So this weekend wasn’t the best, but wasn’t completely bad either. Friday was insane getting ready for the ctt group that was here plus the reception plus various other annoyances throughout the morning. I actually was relieved when I got in my car and proceeded to drive 4 hours at warp speed to meet mom for supper at OC’s. ahhhh relief for being away after a week of bitchiness. Dinner with mom was nice. I like having the quiet time with her alone away from everything. She went dancing and I went home and read my Glamour. :)

Saturday wasn’t too bad (except for the food, see below). The AM was fit testing which sucked. I haven’t been doing much for exercise in a while so I knew I wasn’t going to do well. So that’s my goal for the next 3 weeks since I have to redo it in September. Yuck. I’m going to try for the run instead of the step test. Then I don’t have to do the pulse test, I just have to make time, which if I start now and run and build up to it everyday I should be fine. I’ve done it before with Jay, I think I can do it again.

But the rest of Saturday was nice. Family Day at Tea park and pool. That was fun. Lisa, Ryan, Emmy and Zach came up from Alcester and mom came down for a day of fun. It was perfect weather for walking around but a touch cool for the pool though Emmy and I went down the slides as much as we could until they got hardass on us and told us she was too short. Whatever. The kids had fun, the adults got tired, but all in all a nice day.

Sunday was another short day. Church, brunch, emails, retention interview with Kristi and then preparing for next month a bit. Lunch with Tre was great. It’s always super fun to hang with her. The drive home seemed longer than usual but was till the same amount of time. Odd. Went to church at Central. I love the Evening Prayer service. It’s so nice and calming. Aaron was singing and made me cry with my favorite song “Give Me Jesus”. Man that boy can sing, and he has the perfect voice for the song. *sigh*

Pretty much a wasted but good weekend. Of course it’s never wasted when you spend time with family and that was nice. We missed Kev, Joey and Jake, but Joey had to work and Jake wasn’t feeling well. :( maybe next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom goes dancing? She's cool. And what's this whole fit test thing? Is that some macho guard situation? Little civilian twerps like me don't know nothing 'bout that. But I AM on the A Team. I'm A1. Word to your mother. Peace Out.