22 August 2005

days 19-21

Food this weekend did not go well. After having salad with mom on Friday night and my standard eggs on Saturday morning, everything went downhill. Guards had ‘brunch’ both days for the ‘noon’ meal so instead of salad, which I was hoping for, I had mushy eggs and bacon which I literally had to squeeze the grease from. Then it was all juices and melons for other options. I had to drink something so I had a little bit of milk but guh. It was family day weekend so that meal was pulled pork, chips, baked beans and desserts. Oh so great for the diet. I had about 12 beans and pulled some of the pulled pork from the sandwich and ate that and one bite of the carrot cake which actually made me want to throw up. Yuck it was just gross. After the long day I stopped and got popsicles and weight watchers fudgsicles (which aren’t as good as the popsicle brand) and had those for supper.

Sunday was just as bad…egg mush again for breakfast, then I went to OG with Tre. I usually just get salad but I found a chicken/veggie meal but of course it came with pasta but kudos to OG for offering whole wheat pasta as an alternative. So I got the low-fat, low carb meal. Not bad. I had a couple of the bow-tie pasta but it wasn’t really that good (not the taste, I just kept hearing the numbers tick away of the amount of carbs I was ingesting) so I didn’t have much of it. Not bad. Then drove home and had cheese and celery/pb on the way. Missed supper last night too. Weekends are so bad. I need to work on that.

I will say that I have been doing this for 3 weeks (officially) now and I am feeling better about myself. I don’t miss bread as much as I thought I would though OG was hard yesterday as I love their breadsticks but I’m not really missing it otherwise. Hopefully I’ll keep going down and will do better with this weekend thing. This week could be whoosh week. I hope so since weighing in this morning sucked. We’ll wee what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, help my former vegetarian ass out...what the hell is pulled pork? You yank the pig a little before you knock it out, or what? That is the second time I have heard that expression today ("pulled pork", that is) and I am totally clueless. (again, not highly unusual for me, I'm just saying) And what's "whoosh week"...from where I'm standing it's either a)a guard thing b) a pork thing or c) a south beach diet thing. All are equally as scary to me. And yet I press on....that little comment engine that could....