19 August 2005

day 18

I’m beginning to hate this. This week has totally sucked for food. Went out with carol last night to the Machine Shed. Good eats – had half a steak, some cole slaw and cottage cheese. Carol had the other half, mashed potatoes and corn. Very funny to look at our food choices…or at least what we could eat. This running around all afternoon to check on things does not help my eating. I need to figure something out if this continues. Ugh. Plus I feel fat and bloated and icky today. i feel like I’m never going to be skinny, or thin or less than what I weigh right now. It seems like such a pipe dream, one that your parents pat you on the head about when you’re 6 or 7 when you say you want to be an astronaut and go to Mars and they say, “of course, honey, you can do anything you set your mind to,” but then turn around and chuckle at your youthful notions as your brother begins to beat you to a pulp because, ‘man, you’re already from mars.’ Guh. I hope this passes because this just makes me crabby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember...lifestyle change, lifestyle change. Fad diets are for sissies....lifestyle change. If you build it, they will come...lifestyle change.