29 August 2005

instigator

Months ago I began bugging my friend, Dana, about finding me a nice man with whom I could settle down and be forever happy. Blah blah blah. I wanted to get over D. and I thought this would be a good way since Dana is a good guy and hopefully would know other good guys. Dana used to, and continues to, constantly ask me if I have a boyfriend and since I know Dana is happily married I’m assuming he was just checking on my livelihood. He had said the only single guy he knows is his friend Ron. We started talking about a time to meet and how to go about it and, suddenly I was feeling nervous and overwhelmed and not so sure of myself (as usual) so I begged off – asking for a later time we could meet. Dana understood, thank goodness, and said he’d call me later or just stop by with Ron sometime so we could meet.

Today we met. (like you hadn’t guessed that was the purpose of this posting…)

Dana had called earlier this morning and said he had 4 dates lined up for me, so I asked if they were all with the same guy or different ones. He said, “who said they were guys?” haha. He’s so funny. So he brought Ron by during my lunch half-hour so we could meet and chat. Ron is really cute, killer eyes, awesome smile and about 5'3" or 5'4". Why, why do I have this hang up with guys shorter than me? Is it because I already feel freakin’ huge (I wanna be little) and so when I stand by someone smaller than me I feel even bigger. Guh. I had this same problem with Tony last month - of course he had said he was 5'8" so that was just blatant lying.

Anyway, I’m going to call Dana later and see what Ron thought of me. Haphazard meeting and all… As Ron said, Dana is a great instigator…but follow-through? Well, we’ll have to see on that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know...what I've learned from my National Geographic experience of straight life by watching 'Sex in the City' is that short guys are great....because they try really hard to please you to make up for their "insecurities" in other areas. I'm not saying....I'm just saying. But what do I know.

Seriously, though, follow the call of the wild and just go for it. You deserve a date today. :)

kendi said...

thing one is absolutely correct...about the deserving a date thing. i wouldn't know about short men. e is tall.

bottom line, moe. don't be afraid. past pain is meant to polish you, not hinder you.