24 August 2005

play quietly and spontaneously

Last night was great. After work I chatted with a cute boy for a little bit, had a great wedding walk-thru (it’s nice to have a nice bride again), and then off to the Guthrie for a play. Saw “The Constant Wife” by W. Somerset Maugham (spelling?). It was really good. It had been awhile since I saw a real play – no songs, no dances, just actors acting. I was impressed. For those who read this and are around, check it out. I thought it was worth admission. :)

I feel like there should be more exciting things going on in my life, but this week is just so nice and calming…so not like the bitch I was last week. I think it helps that it’s quiet here this week. First week starts next Tuesday so it’ll be insane then too. But this coming weekend is truly my last free weekend for a while. A1 and I are thinking of a movie on Friday since a2 will be out of town. That might be nice. It’s not supposed to be too hot so I’m thinking about finishing (continuing) the patio furniture. I really want to get that paint off and I haven’t worked on it in awhile. But the state fair opens tomorrow and I’m debating on going on Saturday to the fm107 booth to see ian and Margery. I haven’t seen ian in a long time so it’d be fun to see him again. But then again I hate the fair and I’m really not sure I want to spend the day walking around trying to find them – plus since it’s supposed to beeeeutiful this weekend it’ll be busier than crap there. Hmmmm. Tough call.


A couple of us were just talking about how this world has become so lacksidasial with planning. It seems with cell phones things can be done at the push of the button – you just call and it’s taken care of. What happened to planning? Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who plans things anymore. (I know this isn’t true, it just feels that way) But I have to out of necessity with guards but I do with everything – I try to plan out my grocery list and when I’m going to go, I plan when I’m going to go home for guards and when I’m going home just to go home, I plan trips and vacations months in advance as best as I can, hell, I’m even planning my meals. maybe I’m just not spontaneous enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, am I A1? Is that my cool code name on your "blog"? That is so "kool". And I want to be A1 like the first member of "The A Team", not like the steak sauce. Steak sucks. The A Team Rocks. I'm A1. I am A1. Awesome.