17 August 2005

Let's do it for our country - oh the places we could go

I love when people call and ask for a number of a staff member, which I’m not supposed to give out but I’m feeling generous today even though I’m in the most bitchiest of moods ever, and I give it to them and they say, “Is that what’s on the web page?” well, yes ma’am it is. “Well, are you sure that’s right because I just called it and got Hamline University and they said that number wasn’t correct.” Well, ma’am, I’ve been dialing this number all day for this man and it seems to be going through, I’ve checked my directory and it is accurate, again the number is: blah blah. Ma’am would you like me to connect you? (pause of disbelief – by her, not me) “Well, we can try it,” in the nicest, most non-believing tone of a woman expecting to get Hamline once again. Oh the things I could have said! That could be a great Dr. Suess book. (by the way…it went through – oh AND I tried just dialing the number that is listed on the webpage, and Oh, yeah that one goes through too)

I’m hunkered in here at the InfoDesk today. Boxes galore are surrounding me. I feel like I’m a guest star on Grease 2 where they go into the bunker and sing “We’ll do it for our country” only I don’t have a man with me nor will the sirens be blowing to simulate a nuclear attack so I won’t get to ‘do it for my country’. Sad, sad am I. But seriously, am surrounded by boxes of projects. Got another one today. At least this one is do-able today. The other one will take a bit longer, so we’re going to move those down to the hole until we get the rest of the materials.

3 comments:

Leland said...

i have to say that i am amazed and shocked that the boxes have been there as long as they have been. i know c and you have this thing about keeping the place presentable, and the boxes don't fit in the motif.

remember the best way to feel better when dealing with people who don't seem to get it is, in my opinion, to be sickly sweet and nice. if they don't get it you can have a quiet chuckle after you're done talking.

~moe~ said...

The boxes have been driving me nuts, but so has a lot of other things at the desk that I can't control so I deal with things as I have to.

sad i am.

Anonymous said...

You do realize that you actually LIVE in the bunker from that movie don't you? Just imagine all the action you could get down there if only YOU seduced young hot men downstairs to "do it for your country". Think about it. Just do it. Oh yeah, baby.