16 August 2005

tuesday night ramblings...

Today was a good day overall…especially relating to events. I was able to sit in and be part of a couple meetings dealing with this event this weekend. It was great to be included in the process (even though we’re getting really last minute now!). I really enjoy the process of putting everything together – the brainstorming of ideas – the planning and eventually the execution of it all. Unfortunately I won’t be here for most of the execution this weekend since I get to play weekend warrior but still…

~~~

It is weekend warrior week…that’s fun to say. Family day, though, so it won’t be too painful. This year it’s half a day at the Tea water park…didn’t know they had one…with the whole fan-damily. The R’s, the H’s and mom. Should be a good time. Although it’s also fit testing weekend, not that I’ve gotten a letter telling me that’s what I have to do but whatever. Oh and we’re getting out early on Sunday. That’s a good thing. At least this month I can stick with my plan of preparing a bunch of meat and food on Sunday night for the first half of the week. And I’ll be able to go to church at 7. YAY!

~~~

Morty got his first oil change today. That was fun. I got a big star on my service sheet for ‘traveling the farthest’ today. HA! My car is registered in SD so of course it show’s that address. They actually thought I drove up just for the oil change. Oh well…in some ways I did I guess. I did get to meet the service manager today because of it though. :) too funny.

~~~

This is all just so random today…sorry. I’m working the night shift for once. It’s kind of interesting to be back at the desk in the quiet of the evening. Plus it gives me a chance to go through the closing check list and see what’s missing and what needs to be done – plus how long it would/should take each night. Gotta whip these kids in shape this year. :)

~~~

I’m thinking of joining Bally’s. I found one on Sunday near my house. I know we have a ‘free’ gym here and that might work too, but since I’ve changed my thinking on eating, maybe it’s time I change my thinking on working out. Bally’s I could hit after supper (when it’s usually slower anyway) and not have to deal with the crazy LS people :) but I would really have to be focused on going after supper. That worries me a bit but since I used to think I couldn’t survive without pizza and I’ve now gone almost a month without a slice, maybe I can work out after supper and make the change there too. My big thing used to be that once I was home I didn’t want to leave again, but that’s all a load of crap and I know it. If I go home at 5, home by 5:30 I can grill, do dishes, make lunch for the next day and head to the gym around 7 and still be home by 8:30 or 9. Plus they open at 5 so I could essentially go in the AM too (without fearing I’m waking up the Stub guests). I don’t know. I can do a 30 day trial where I can use it 3 days a week, but I’ll have to see if that’ll be worth it. Hmmmm… (oh and they have a deal right now $18 a month for 18 months. Not bad really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your car's name is Morty? I have yet to hear that one....you'll have to tell me the story. Okay dude...I think that is it for me for a while with the comments. I'm going to try to sneak to my call room to get some sleep....but tune in for my next call night and I'll hit you up with some more of my "witty" comments......